Princess Presleigh

31 and 3... sounds like a football game, but its when I arrived in this world.


Wednesday, February 01, 2006

I'm here...

At 10am today, Mom had another ultrasound and nothing had changed since Monday as far as the placenta and cord were concerned. Mom had not felt me move alot since Sunday so they decided that today was the day I was coming. Mom had had 3 doses of steroids for my lungs and they whisked her off to Foothills where they deliver babies that are pre 32 weeks gestation. Nanna met mom at Foothills at 1pm and they spent 5 hours on monitors with doctors consulting, poking, prodding and discussing me. At 6pm, the doctors decided that I was going to be here...soon. They decided to deliver me by c-section as they did not feel I could tolerate labour and delivery. At 745pm a nice man came and took mom to the operating room to give her an epidural and as soon as it went in, I climbed up under mom's ribs which made her laugh.
There were 27 people including Nanna and Mom in the operating room and I had a special set of doctors and nurses waiting for me to arrive. I arrived at 814pm and was whisked away very quickly with Nanna right behind me. When they weighed me, I weighed 1304 grams...2 lbs, 15 oz. They cheered! I was a heavy weight compared to some of my soon-to-be neighbours. I was intobated and my apgars increased dramatically. My first score was 2 and my second was 8. My eyes were a deep navy blue and I had lots of hair for my age. While mom was being sewn up, the doctors and nurses worked on me and got me warm and settled and they then brought mom by to see me and took my picture with a very old polaroid.
In order for my mom to come spend time with me, she had to meet several milestones herself. She spent most of the evening getting her 'legs' back while I was being well taken care of by the NICU nurses and doctors.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

[Sign My Guestbook] [View My Guestbook]
Powered by E-Guestbooks Server.