Princess Presleigh

31 and 3... sounds like a football game, but its when I arrived in this world.


Friday, October 27, 2006

Doc Band Clinic

I had an appointment today with Heather Graham... no not _that_ one... Dr Graham of the Doc Band clinic.

I have been diagnosed as having deformational plagiocephaly. Which is a deformity of the skull... in layman's terms... my head is crooked.

I will get a 'helmet' of sorts that I will wear 23 hrs a day that will assist in the shaping of my head.

Here is a link that gives some better details. In terms of severity, I am a 10 out of 15 - I was graded a 2 in all areas except my range of motion of my neck and I was given a 0 (0 being the best, 3 being the worst).


There are several causes, and I have a number of them - Prematurity, Torticollis & sleeping on one side too much.

They've told mom she can pick the colour for the outside of it with a pretty pattern, or she can design one herself. She said she was going to try and make one with pretty scripts. Because the outter coating is heat treated, it tends to stretch the pretty pictures out sideways and the daisy one looks like they have been flattened by a lawnmower. So she's going to keep that in mind when she's drawing and writing.

On Wednesday next week I will be 9 months old. Hard to believe! And on a sad note, its been 4 months since I've seen my Daddy. I've started saying 'dadadadada' and he's missing it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

[Sign My Guestbook] [View My Guestbook]
Powered by E-Guestbooks Server.