Princess Presleigh

31 and 3... sounds like a football game, but its when I arrived in this world.


Thursday, September 07, 2006

Eating and other such stuph

I've decided that I'm not all that keen on the spoon. Quite content to play with the spoon, grab the bowl, and look everywhere but at mom with the food. If mom gets quick enough and gets it into my mouth, I just open my mouth and let it fall onto the bib, me, the tray... Mom is getting quick about grabbing it with the spoon before I do that but I just am not interested. I'm only 5 months adjusted, so mom isn't too worried yet, but she wants me to be eating more. I was only intobated for less than 12 hours and I went straight to prongs in the NICU so hopefully we avoided the major oral aversion problem starters. I do take my bottle very well and the projectile vomitting has completely ceased (mom: thank god, new rug in the living room!) and I'm doing much better on a soy and lactose free formula (Enfamil Lactose Free).

I have a doctor's appointment this afternoon to check on my ears as there is too much wax and mom has been putting very stinky drops in my ears called Cerumol. It has been working, but we have to make sure the wax is leaving.

Mom has received some emails about where my name came from, so here's the explanation from her:

I really liked Presley Grace - but I got hassled alot with "What as in Elvis?" and various other jibes. In discussion with my mom, we talked about altering the spelling of Presley. Leigh is my sister's middle name so we came up with Presleigh. And I'm glad that I did, because Feb 1, is also Lisa Marie Presley's birthday so at least its spelt slightly differently. Helen is my grandmother's middle name and the name she went by - she was Mary Helen. And Lenore is my other grandmother's first name. Grandma Helen passed away when Rachel was 6 weeks old after having been hospitalized since I was 12. And Granny Lenore passed away when Presleigh was 3 weeks old. I truly believed they each waited to make sure the babies were safe before passing on. Presleigh's dad wanted Danika Anne Lenore as her name, but in the end, it came down to my decision and I wasn't all that into Danika (no offense to any Danikas out there).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

[Sign My Guestbook] [View My Guestbook]
Powered by E-Guestbooks Server.