Princess Presleigh

31 and 3... sounds like a football game, but its when I arrived in this world.


Thursday, February 01, 2007

Happy Birthday Princess...

It has been a very short year. It seems like only yesterday that things took such a dramatic turn.

When Nanna met Mommy at the hospital on Feb 1 at 1pm, I was scared and so was Nanna. You were so tiny and I was scared you were going to have so much trouble when you got here.

When they took you off to the NICU with Nanna, as I lay on the table while the doctors fixed me up, I let the tears roll down my cheek with joy and worry.

But I don't have much to worry about now. Sure, we have our obstacles and our challenges. However, you've overcome them with just the slightest bit of help. Kelli showed you how to climb stairs to lift your tummy last week, so on the 24th of January, you lifted your belly up, propped up your knees and took off. Your exceptional amount of drool started early, but you took your sweet time about getting a tooth. And then another and yet another on its way. Claire showed you how to hold your spoon so you had some control over what you ate and how much... now you are doing so much better as long as you have texture. The smooth stuff is still pretty gross in your opinion and you're still not keen on meat.

We're healthy now. Thankfully. And soon, it won't be long until you've caught up with everyone else too.

My little smarty-pants. You've figured out how to pull yourself up to your feet without any help, and you've started maneouvering around the tables (and people and couches and toys and the piano and and and), and you've managed to figure out how to get attention by flinging your lovies out of the crib and them crashing into the monitor and sending a flurry of people to see what happened. You talk and you argue and you laugh and you sing... none of which makes sense yet, but it is still a melody to me.

You're one today and I thank my stars every day of the miracle and the blessing that you are. I have so many wishes for you and I know you'll be whatever you want to be.

Love Mommy
xxoo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

[Sign My Guestbook] [View My Guestbook]
Powered by E-Guestbooks Server.