Princess Presleigh

31 and 3... sounds like a football game, but its when I arrived in this world.


Saturday, February 17, 2007

Rice milk

Since rice milk doesn't have much protein, fats or any of the really good stuff that homo milk does, the advice has been that it needs to be fortified with something (or mom needs to get Lactaid and add it to homo milk which she finds a pain in the butt), so now I get 2 oz of ensure with 6 oz of rice milk for my bottles and she is still trying to feed me meals 3 times a day. I don't like oatmeal, I don't like rice cereal, wheat cereal or any other goop. I'm not crazy about scrambled eggs (we haven't tried a soft boiled egg yet tho), but I do like toast and peanut butter. I have soup usually for lunch with toast or crackers and for dinner I have some of whatever everyone else is having except meat. I will not eat meat of any kind. I spit it out or if I see if on the spoon I will just push it away. I want no part of it.

So mom has been trying to overcome the challenge of getting proteins into me and trying to make sure I'm getting enough calories because I can't subsist on rice milk and Ensure as much as I want to. Mom was able to find lactose free high protein ensure at Shopper's and the pharmacist there thinks that will help with the calories and protein until we can get more food into me.
Its not that I'm not growing, I am growing leaps and bounds. I am now wearing 18 months size for my shirts and 12 months size for my pants and I have big feet!

On another note... 3 more weeks of my helmet and we're gonna be freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Mom says my head looks perfect now! She can't wait to get rid of that smelly yechy thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

[Sign My Guestbook] [View My Guestbook]
Powered by E-Guestbooks Server.