Princess Presleigh

31 and 3... sounds like a football game, but its when I arrived in this world.


Thursday, March 08, 2007

Deviation

Sorry, we're deviating from the alphabet for a post here.

Today I got rid of the helmet. Life is good. I'm going to be stumbling and crashing a bit I'm sure for a little while until I get used to not being able to push headlong into things but the first time it hurts, I'm sure I'll learn.

I was going to go see my Grandma and Auntie today but it didn't work out as Grandma forgot how long she had to work today.

And Mom promised to share a recipe with Ava & Jack's mommies so here it is..

Simple Cheater Lasagna

Freezes well, recipe makes for 6 people.
Preheat oven to 350F

1 1/2 cups of uncooked elbow macaroni
grated cheese to cover whatever size of oven safe bakeware you choose(we use a mozza cheddar mix of cheese, however just mozza works fine too)
pasta sauce
canned diced tomatoes
In my pasta sauce I use an organic prepared sauce and then spice to taste and add in green pepper, onion, garlic, mushrooms, canned diced tomatoes and often I will use ground beef or turkey. I also use organic canned tomatoes where possible.

Cook pasta in a pot larger than necessary and drain. In same pot add pasta sauce to macaroni and mix. Put in a large oven safe bakeware and mix in some grated cheese. Over top of mix, grated cheese to cover entire top. Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese has completed melted and browned to your taste.
Hint: don't mix cheese into mixture in the pot you just used to cook in - half of it will stick to the pot because it will still be hot! Add the cheese once mixture is in bakeware.
This is quick, simple meal that requires approx 15 mins for pasta to cook and 20 mins in the oven and still gives the lasagna taste without all the hassle.

Another easy recipe that isn't as vegetarian friendly, but still quick n easy and a huge favourite at our house is Mushroom Soup Chicken.

4 skinless chicken breasts ( can be boneless as well, but must be skinless)
1 can of Campbell's Mushroom Soup
1/2 can of water

Mix up the soup and water in bakeware, add the four chicken breasts ensuring that they are covered by the soup/water mixture. (If you have larger breasts... I mean the chicken ones, not the double D type :-), you may want a second can of soup...if you do that, still only use 1/2 can of water) I find that if the chicken is not covered with the soup, it tends to dry out.

Bake at 350F for 45 mins. (little longer if they are not boneless)

I usually serve this with rice and use the soup as gravy on the rice.

Again, another quick n simple meal that you don't have to babysit and not alot of prep time.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:24 p.m., Blogger Kim said…

    I am psyched about the lasagna recipe! Thank you! But I think I am even more psyched about the helmet being gone. Hooray, Presleigh!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

[Sign My Guestbook] [View My Guestbook]
Powered by E-Guestbooks Server.