Princess Presleigh

31 and 3... sounds like a football game, but its when I arrived in this world.


Tuesday, March 20, 2007

L is for Loss

Mommy is going to post this one.

L is for loss... loss of a child.

When I started reading blogs about premature babies, I found Kaitlyn and her family. I read their entire story one night and cried a river over the loss of baby Corinne who saved her sister in utero. I then went on and found other stories, some with loss and some without, each with compelling and heartfelt stories of life with a preemie or two (in some cases three!). I cried along with Eric and Tobie, with Jennifer and her 3, and today I cry for Tertia.

By no means do I want to give off the wrong impression, and I honestly am sorry for their losses. But I am so grateful that my miracle preemie is where she is today. She survived against all odds and she is a little fighter. I am grateful for every moment. Today, we went swimming for the first time and went with Auntie Deanna and her cousins Daniel and Dylan and my little monkey played and splashed and screeched and laughed. But if she hadn't been a fighter, we wouldn't have been swimming today. Fingers crossed we avoided germs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

[Sign My Guestbook] [View My Guestbook]
Powered by E-Guestbooks Server.